From a mere two locations in Ontario’s first rollout, to 45 in the next phase — the number of London-area pharmacies giving COVID-19 vaccinations is getting a huge shot in the arm from the latest provincial expansion of drug-store inoculations.
All told, London is getting 32 new locations that will start offering COVID-19 shots this week, an updated provincial inventory released Sunday shows, boosting the total number for the city and surrounding Middlesex County to 45.
Participating retailers include Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, Rexall, Loblaw, Pharmasave and independent drug stores.
Not all pharmacies on the list will start vaccinating at the same time, a spokesperson for Health Minister Christine Elliott said as Ontario moved to expand drug-store inoculations by 700 locations provincewide and with a goal to have 1,500 doing so by the end of the month.
London was allotted only two locations, a Costco and a Shoppers Drug Mart, in the initial rollout 10 days ago of hundreds of pharmacy locations for shots in Ontario, leaving Mayor Ed Holder fuming that a city as large as his had only a fraction of the number of participating stores as the nearby Waterloo area and the same number as some cities and towns much smaller than London.
Those two stores, the Costco at 693 Wonderland Rd. N., and the Shoppers Drug Mart at 603 Fanshawe Park Rd. W., are booking appointments for people aged 55 and up looking for shots.
Besides those pharmacies, the London area also has three mass vaccination centres that are now inoculating people as young as age 65, though the age threshold for vaccinations there could fall as early as this week.
For information on how to book a pharmacy shot, go to covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations
PHARMACY COVID-19 SHOTS: NEW AREA LOCATIONS
– 4313 Wellington Rd. S.
– 740 Hyde Park Rd.
– 1593 Adelaide St. N.
– 1240 Commissioners Rd. W.
– 1375 Beaverbrook Ave.
– Rexall Speciality 841-845 Consortium Crt.
– 1795 Earnest Ave.
– 1505 Highbury Ave. N.
SHOPPERS DRUG MART
– 1224 Commissioners Rd. W.
– 1186 Oxford St. W.
– 467 Wharncliffe Rd. S.
– 142 Clarke Rd.
– 1365 Huron St.
– 1680 Richmond St. N.
– 1657 Dundas St. E.
– 3090 Colonel Talbot Rd.
– 1118 Adelaide St. N.
– 100-431 Richmond St.
– 510 Hamilton Rd.
– 1105 Wellington Rd.
– 330 Clarke Rd.
– 1280 Fanshawe Park Rd. W.
– 1105 Wellington Rd. S.
– 635 Southdale Rd. E.
– 3040 Wonderland Rd. S.
– No Frills pharmacy, 7 Baseline Rd. E.
– No Frills pharmacy, 599 Fanshawe Park Rd. W.
– Real Canadian Superstore pharmacy, 825 Oxford St. E.
– Dini IDA Pharmacy, C02-785 Wonderland Rd. S.
– TMC Pharmacy, 990 Gainsborough Rd.
– Greenhills Pharmacy, 2335 Main St.
– Shoppers Drug Mart, 78 Front St. E.
– Real Canadian Superstore pharmacy, 626 Victoria St.
– Bossons Pharmacy, 35 Front St. W.
– Walmart, 150 Carroll St. E.
– Shoppers Drug Mart, 2300 Dorchester Rd.
– Glencoe Pharmacy, 253 Main St.
– Incare Health, 1-14351 Medway Rd.
– Lucan Drug Mart, 180 Main St.
– McIntyre Pharmacy, 238 Main St.
– Komoka Pharmacy, 9952 Glendon Dr.
– Delaware Pharmacy, 11569 Longwoods Rd.
– Pharmasave, 77 Anishinaabeeg Dr.
– Ilderton Medical Pharmacy, 1-13187 Ilderton Rd.